Thursday, February 18, 2016

My Starbucks Global Icon Series City Tumblers Collection


Everyone must probably have their own collection.  I used to collect stamps way back when I was in grade school.  I even joined a philatelic society which was based in Pampanga and even travel all the way to Philippine Daily Inquirer's head office in Makati just to get a bunch of stamps I won from their Junior Inquirer weekly contest. I have three full albums of it which are still stacked away on my old dresser. I don't know really know when I stopped, but maybe it's when my sister no longer send me one from Abu Dhabi. 

Anyway, flashback September 2014, I started a new collection.  It started when I happened to be in Ayala Mall Cebu. I changed upon this cute green tumbler with a guitar on it and the word, Cebu. At that time, I was not really sure if I want to purchase one as I know that by doing so will trigger my obsessive compulsive attitude to collect them all. :)  After a good thirty minutes or so, I finally decided to give in. I thought,  somehow, they are usable, at the same time they can be good souvenirs. Thus start my Starbucks Global Icon City Tumbler Collection. I also opted to collect their tumblers instead of their mugs since tumblers are not fragile  to handle and they can be taken outside. So, everyone, meet my growing tumbler collection… 

Nice, eh?

I currently have forty four (44) tumblers in my collection, and it all started, of course in Cebu. I never thought my collection would grow from this in just a matter of a year and a half. My current favorite is still Cebu, as with every firsts in everything. You never forget the first time / one. Hehe.

I'm thinking of posting each and every one of my collection and some history behind. So bear with me. For now, I just want to show off the group. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind! :P