Sunday, February 26, 2017

Credit Cards - PNB Essentials Mastercard - One Year Later

I remember it as though it only happened yesterday. It was a hot sunny afternoon. Though it was late February and the molten ice from our northern neighbors should have made the weather a slightly chilly one, there was I sweating profusely under the mighty sun. Armed with the requirements I've taken note from their website, I entered Philippine National Bank (PNB) P. Tuazon branch. I'm not exactly sure if their branch is a new one, but it looks like it, especially when compared to the Ali Mall or the Cubao-Harvard branches.

The staff were friendly and accommodating. Even though it was nearly lunch, one of their tellers assisted me with my application. I was initially asked if I had an account with them. I told them that I didn't and asked if it was necessary. Good thing it was not but it could really help with my application since this will be my first credit card if ever. I just told them I would be opening one should I get approved so I can use their online portal.

The process only took 30 minutes of filling up the application form. I was told it could take a month or so for the entire process and I should really see to it that I answer their verification call for me to get approved.

A week later, I received their call and was relieved that I was free to answer it. Basic questions were asked and it took only about 5 minutes. I didn't hear again from them after that. Amidst the tension I faced with applying for a secured credit card, I was totally surprised that around March 7, 2016, a card arrived at the office though I was not there to receive it personally. It was an Essentials MasterCard with a Php20,000 limit. Very low indeed, but at least it's a regular one. My first ever. To top it up, I then learned that it have free annual fee for life. I feel so lucky.

Six months later, I requested for a credit limit increase and was granted one from Php 20,000 to Php 50,000. 10 months after, I requested for a Travel Club Platinum Mastercard which is also free for life. I was initially declined but them got approved after casually mentioning it to a CS on one of my contacts with them. That's a different story for now. Hehe.

Card usage wise, it has the perks of other credit cards: installment plans, balance transfer, transaction conversion; all of which I've used at a certain time. If there's a bad thing that I could think of, it is their overseas usage limit. Though my balance is sufficient enough and a travel advice was given, a CS told me that the card would be blocked after a certain number of swipes. It happened to me when I was in HongKong and then another time in South Korea. I didn't dare use it when I was in Japan so I'll never know.  Otherwise, all was well.

Recently, February 22, 2017, I received the below email. I guess it was February 22 when I got approved and got the card 2 weeks later. Though I'm pretty sure that this is s system generated email, I was touched, and would have been touched more if it came with an automatic credit limit increase. Just kidding. Seriously, two cards from them with no annual fee for life is reason enough for me to stay with this bank.

Image by PNB

Thank you PNB for the trust. I'm really looking forward for a stronger banking relationship with you for the years to come.

26 comments:

  1. I feel really happy to have seen your webpage and look forward to so many more entertaining times reading here. Thanks once more for all the details. Credit BUILDER Cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! What was/were their reqts to get approved for credit limit increase?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was going to be some boring old post, but it really compensated for my time. I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will locate that extremely useful. Solapur University (SUS)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked this publish. It is truly amazing. The writer might be quite skilled. I fairly appreciate to be able to study such content on this site. Best ganja mail order BC

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is actually late finding this kind of make a change. No less than, that it is the difficulty to know which you have like activities come about. Best seller of galaxy granite

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this article. It is filled with great enthusiasm, passion and great excitement. cannabis retail businessplan Canada

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want you to thank for your time of this wonderful read!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!! Commercial cannabis extraction

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish to show thanks to you just for bailing me out of this particular trouble.As a result of checking through the the net and meeting techniques that were not productive, I was thinking my life was done. pompano beach rentals

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting articles are published here. By reading it I acquired great deal of knowledge on various subject. Thank you for sharing with us. ממירים קטליטיים

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was great to see the old print shop and everyone who works there again. I am excited to see a printing business still operating and growing, great job guys. fake ids

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks awesome, I never noticed you could publish about it, excellent to know thanks! You show very latest and problems. This is very awesome post! I will save this weblog. Fish Mount Combo

    ReplyDelete
  12. My partner and I stumbled over here different website and thought I might as well check things out. I like what I see so now i’m following you. Look forward to checking out your web page repeatedly. Ram Raid Bollards

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really great post, Thank you for sharing This knowledge.Excellently written article, if only all bloggers offered the same level of content as you, the internet would be a much better place. Please keep it up! Toyota 4runner Front Bumper Online

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing excellent informations. Your web-site is very cool. I'm impressed by the details that you have on this web site. Month Specials Spa Offers

    ReplyDelete
  15. Superb home elevators your site, thanks a lot regarding taking a few minutes to share with us. Awesome information you could have about this, it is great to find a internet site that will specifics so much details about distinct performers. signage

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing risk-free world-wide-web using the little one that may recent alterations motivator joined with in addition maintaining starting up designed for the manage. When i check out fundamentally can merely problem this kind of specifics commonly for the manage. Very best calls for! Paint correction

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous2:00 AM

    Outstanding conquer! I have to newbie because you adjust people internet site, just how may we all join for only an online site web site? The specific bank account served me personally an effective deal. I had created developed recently been a little familiarized within this people transmit offered brilliant obvious imagined 1947 California License Plate custom text

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous7:27 PM

    I must say that the articles in this blog are very interesting to read. The second one, I must say this blog loads a lot quicker then most. Anhydride

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous7:47 PM

    I'm able to bookmark your site and show the kids check out up here generally. I'm fairly positive they're likely to be informed a great deal of new I really like the dear information you offer in your articles. Organic fruits - Naturessoulshop.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous7:38 PM

    Your blogs and every separate material are so remarkable and lucrative it makes me come back most again. Auriculoterapia precio

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous7:47 PM

    Thank you for posting such a great article! I found your website perfect for my needs. It contains wonderful and helpful posts. Keep up the good work! house movers in abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous6:42 PM

    It truly is later finding this respond. At the least, it's actually a point out realize we now have this type of characteristics genuinely can be found. flat wedding sandals australia

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous12:49 PM

    Of all the internet websites I've obtained comprehend in multilple websites with this issue, this can be a the majority of in depth and also well known only 1 even now. As i count on examining a lot more information in this manner only 1. boys sun suit

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous5:52 PM

    I also benefit from learning the assessments, but learn that a lot of people ought to stay on essay to try and add worth in the direction of the authentic weblog release. Card Games

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous3:44 PM

    Hi that had been amazing to recognize to find out. Relation toward amazing write-up. Special almost all compared to of which..Hi there almost all! I simply at this point want to found substantial thumbs additional technique up toward excellent details you can have within with this write-up. We have been satisfied anytime evaluating your exclusive publish joined having current facts! Relation commit plus feel you possibly can write-up further internet site which are relevant to this kind of web site. Dental Clinic In Bhopal

    ReplyDelete
  26. I quite like ones matter with the web site at the moment, plus states that many of the articles or blog posts on it's own web site. The wholesale formula review

    ReplyDelete

Be kind! :P