Tuesday, March 01, 2016

52 Week Money Challenge - Game On!




I've known this challenge since two years ago but it is just now that I'm really going for it. I know  it has been 10 weeks from January but better late than never, right?

For those who have been living under a rock and who is not familiar of it, the premise of the 52 Weeks Money Challenge is simple: start the first week saving Php 50, and then  add the same amount every week for 52 weeks. By week 52, you will have Php 68,900. Tempting isn't?

Fifty pesos seems easy enough to keep weekly, but there will come a week (generally by Week 40 onwards), that you would have to save at least Php 2,000 a week. This may seem a burden to some so instead of having Php50 as a base amount, you can try saving Php 20, which will yield a decent Php 27,560 at the end of the year. If you want, a thirty peso-base will yield Php 41,340, while a Php 40 base will give you Php 55,120.

I'm personally aiming for the Php50 base. I even bought myself a cute coin bank (I couldn't find a large jar) from Clipper. I'm still thinking of what to do with the amount I will save, maybe a trip or two, who knows?  Wish me luck!


I'm gonna be happy indeed at the end of the year. LOL.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind! :P